Privacy Statement - Dannie-Lu Carr Creative Ltd
- What is Dannie-Lu Carr Creative Ltd?
- Explaining the legal bases I rely on
- When do I collect your personal data?
- What sort of personal data do I collect?
- How and why do I use your personal data?
- How I protect your personal data?
- How long will I keep your personal data?
- Who do I share your personal data with?
- Where your personal data may be processed
- What are your rights over your personal data?
- How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
- Contacting the Regulator
- If you live outside the UK
- Any questions?
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data I may collect about you when you interact with me. It also explains how I’ll store and handle that data and keep it safe.
2. What is Dannie-Lu Carr Creative Ltd?
Dannie-Lu Carr Creative Ltd is a Leadership, Communications, Personal Impact and Creativity specialist, providing speaking engagements, seminars, workshops (online and offline) and consulting all over the world. It is a limited company registered in England & Wales. Company registration number: 08065620.
3. Explaining the legal bases I rely on
The law on data protection, based on the General Data Protection Regulation and formerly the Data Protection Act, sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, I can collect and process your data with your consent. This may be when you have ticked a box to receive regular communications from me in a paper or electronic document or on my website.
When collecting your personal data, I’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, I need your personal data to comply with my contractual obligations. If you have booked me to provide speaking engagements, seminars, workshops and/or consulting then I will need your contact details for example.
In specific situations, I require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running my business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests. For example if I have worked with you before I may use your address details to send you direct marketing information by post telling you about my services that I think may interest you.
4. When do I collect personal data?
- When you engage my services
- When you engage with me on social media.
- When you contact me by any means to make enquiries
- When you comment on or review my services.
5. What sort of personal data do I collect?
- For an engagement or enquiry: your name and address, email, telephone and mobile numbers.
- Details of your interactions with me such as with my website, email and social media.
- Copies of documents you provide me or signed contracts
- Payment information.
- Your comments and reviews.
- Your social media username, if you interact with me through those channels, to help me respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
6. How and why do I use your personal data?
If you wish to change how I use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below.
Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with me, or refuse certain contact permissions, I might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
Here’s how I’ll use your personal data and why:
- To perform any contract I’ve agreed with you. If I don’t collect your personal data during this process, I won’t be able to provide the required services and comply with our legal obligations.
- To respond to your queries or complaints. Handling the information you sent enables me to respond. I may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with me and to demonstrate how I communicated with you throughout. I do this on the basis of my contractual obligations to you, My legal obligations and my legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how I can improve my service based on your experience.
- To protect my business from fraud and other illegal activities. I do all of this as part of my legitimate interest.
- With your consent, I will use your personal data to keep you informed by email, web, text, telephone about relevant services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on. Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from me by any of these channels at any time.
- To send you relevant, personalised communications by post in relation to updates, offers, services and products. I’ll do this on the basis of my legitimate business interest.
- You are free to opt out of hearing from me by post at any time.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If I do not use your personal data for these purposes, I would be unable to comply with my legal obligations.
- To develop, test and improve the systems and services I provide to you. I do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve my services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. I have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make my services more relevant to you.
- You are free to opt out of receiving these requests from me at any time by contacting me.
7. How I protect your personal data
I know how much data security matters to all our clients. With this in mind I will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it. My computer and mobile devices are all password protected.
I regularly monitor my systems for possible vulnerabilities and constantly review my security.
8. How long will I keep your personal data?
Whenever I collect or process your personal data, I’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) requires us to keep records of contracts, payments and invoices for 7 years. We will therefore normally hold information of any contracts for this long.
9. Who do we share your personal data with?
There should not be any need to share personal data with anyone unless there is a legal requirement to do so.
Should that be necessary:
- I provide only the information they are allowed under the law.
- I work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
10. Where your personal data may be processed
Unless I inform you otherwise your data will not be processed outside the UK.
11. What are your rights over personal data
An overview of your rights
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data I hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- The right to deletion, for example when you withdraw consent, or object and I have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which I hold the data has come to an end (such as the end of a service contract).
- That I stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That I stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent. You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that I hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. If I decide not to action your request, I will explain to you the reasons for my refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given me your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where I rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where I am processing your personal data on the basis of my legitimate interest, you can ask me to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. I must then do so unless I believe I have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. I must always comply with your request.
12. How can you stop the use of your data for direct marketing
You can stop direct marketing communications from us by contacting us by telephone, email, post or via social media.
13. Contacting the Regulator
- If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with my response to any requests you have made to me regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.
- Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (please note I can't be responsible for the content of external websites)
- If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence. Details can be found in Section 16.
14. If you live outside the UK
By using my services or providing your personal data to me, you expressly consent to the processing of your personal data by me. Of course, you still have the right to ask me not to process your data in certain ways, and if you do so, I will respect your wishes. Sometimes I’ll need to transfer your personal data between countries to enable me to supply the services you’ve requested. In the ordinary course of business, I may transfer your personal data from your country of residence to myself in the UK. By dealing with me, you are giving your consent to this overseas use, transfer and disclosure of your personal data outside your country of residence for my ordinary business purposes.
This may occur because my information technology storage facilities and servers are located outside your country of residence and could include storage of your personal data on servers in the UK.
I’ll ensure that reasonable steps are taken to prevent third parties outside your country of residence using your personal data in any way that’s not set out in this Privacy Notice. I’ll also make sure I adequately protect the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
15. Any Questions?
I hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way I handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact me on: email@example.com